We often wake up dreaming of lemon after using our Lemon Drop Dreams gift set, so it's no wonder these Lemon Drop Martini Cupcakes caught our attention!
If you also love the smell and taste of lemon, you will LOVE these Lemon Drop Martini Cupcakes made with Lemon Drop Vodka Frosting!
Sweet, tart, and a little bit tangy, these cupcakes are ALMOST everything we need to satisfy our Lemon Drop cravings.
For the vanilla lemon cupcakes:
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
For the vodka lemon frosting:
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a standard sized muffin pan with liners.
- In the mixing bowl of your stand mixer, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add lemon peel and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream (batter will be thick).
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, mix butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and vodka; beat until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes and garnish. :-)
Don't forget to check out our Lemon Drop Dreams gift set to completely satisfy all of your Lemon Drop cravings!